Friday, February 22, 2008

Darren's 100

1. I haven’t followed a TV show since the cancellation of Xena: Warrior Princess

2. I’m somewhat embarrassed that came to my mind first when sitting down to make this list… but not enough to change it.

3. I’m a card-carrying member of Cramerica.

4. I dressed up as a birthday cake for Halloween.

5. I've climed the highest peak in Southern Utah

6. Exercise would be great if you didn't have to shower afterward

7. My favorite movie currently is the "Pride and Prejudice"

8. Despite #7, my wife tells me I am not in touch with my feminine side.

9. I live with three daughters and a wife and #7 is still true

10. I hate dogs

11. Our dog is named Peter (which is English for Pedro).

12. I Love Waterskiing!

13. My all time favorite song is "Only Love" from "The Scarlet Pimpernel"

14. I like too many types of music to have one favorite group.

15. Model Airplanes fill my garage.

16. I am color blind but didn't know it until I was in my teens.

17. I believe the "Big Bang" theory largely explains how God created the known Universe.

18. I hated math until Calculus.

19. I rejoiced the day String Theory adopted the 11th dimension and unified their formulas.

20. I keep up with my friends -- all of them that will let me.

21. My 12th grade locker combination was 42-14-26

22. 42-14-26 are Barbie’s theoretical measurements.

23. I find shaving annoying

24. I should replace the word "hate" with "don't appreciate" during GH week.

25. I love my car even though Nicol thinks it's "Mid-life crisis red".

26. I cannot sleep in Hotels, but can on Airplanes.

27. My favorite church calling would be 6 families to Home Teach and nothing else.

28. I get bored writing long lists

29. My daughter taught me to text in ride lines at Disneyland.

30. I'm learning to play Bass Guitar

31. My first kid is named after Olivia Newton-John, for obvious reasons.

32. As soon as my kids are out of the house, I'm getting my pilot's license.

33. I'm amazed how different all my kids were from birth.

34. I like quoting movies

35. I'll use my wife's left over coloring to dye my hair.

36. I sing whenever I can

37. I threw firecrackers a girl's window well when I was a teen.

38. I've always been a sucker for big, dark eyes.

39. The only way you can ruin Chocolate is to put something else in it.

40. I'm a huge BYU Football fan

41. I have a uni-brow if I don't shave it off (refer to #22).

42. I'm meeting Ron and Steve for lunch today

43. I want to live part-time in Hawaii

44. I have successfully surfed for a combined total of 2.38 seconds

45. My mind is a steel trap, but someone forgot to oil it.

46. I played clarinet in the marching band

47. I wrote my first computer programs on cards

48. I once wondered what I’d do with all the space on a 20 Meg hard drive

49. I was the reason my sister thought she grew up in a haunted house.

50. I can’t figure out why I don’t mountain bike more

51. I like my music loud

52. I’m a big fan of old moves.

53. I try not to show how mad I am when my kids beat me at video games.

54. GrapeNuts with chocolate sauce, MMmmmmmm!

55. I used to melt plastic army men in the water heater

56. I don’t like snow after January 15th

57. I believe the biggest threat to our country is class action litigation.

58. I’ve been to Mexico, Canada, Panama, Korea, China, Japan, and Colombia

59. I couldn’t do a desk job.

60. I donated to John McCain’s presidential run in 2000, but don’t like him now.

61. BBQ ribs are well worth the mess.

62. My kids get along a lot better than I remember getting along with my siblings

63. I want to play a significant role improving education

64. I love walking in through Thanksgiving Point Gardens with my wife

65. I don’t go barefoot.

66. I know all my neighbors – and their kids.

67. Flying Radio Control Air Combat is a complete riot.

68. I can adapt my personality to my company… and it’s fun.

69. If I have one possession from my youth it would be my graffiti wall.

70. I watched scary movies alone in the basement starting at age 7

71. “The Color Code” book changed my life

72. I don’t see a conflict between Religion and Science and I study both.

73. I still learn from my friends’ parents.

74. I live well below my means and I don’t miss superfluous goodies.

75. If the price of wheat goes much higher, I’m selling my food supply.

76. My kids think our bishop looks like Fred Flintstone.

77. I find Steven Wright is the funniest man alive

78. I wish I could wear jeans, golf shirts, and running shoes everywhere.

79. I didn’t support the war in Iraq to start, but think we’d better win it now.

80. I don’t take pills unless I have to.

81. I think it’s ludicrous the US doesn’t lead the world in Nuclear Power generation.

82. I think my wife is hotter now than she was when we were married.

83. I take risks in moderation

84. Trading stocks is my favorite hobby, currently.

85. I wouldn’t trade places with anyone

86. I don’t like big crowds

87. Laura Ingram is my favorite political commentator

88. I think my kids are awesome, thanks mostly to their mom.

89. I’ve witnessed a murder

90. I’ve been stung by jellyfish more than bees even though I live in Utah.

91. I can’t understand why anyone would subscribe to a magazine these days

92. I’m an optimist

93. I dated two sisters growing up, and I’m still close to both of them.

94. I believe in random acts of kindness

95. Two Words: Chocolate Swamp

96. I manage my life with Excel spreadsheet.

97. I wish I had more than one life.

98. I like playing games – of about any sort

99. I don’t like hats, they mess up my hair.

100. I still don’t feel any different

6 comments:

Stephanie F. said...

6 - agree
23 - ditto
25 - lol!
30 - you rock
32 - can't wait
33 - your kids are so you
34 - don't you think it's cool that we quote movies you made?
35 - seriously?
44 - I think I witnesses 1.14 seconds in FL
60 - who's getting your vote then?
82 - so are you ;)
89 - ???
91 - I had this same thought today while checking out at Smiths

You beat me by a few hours, way to go.

Darren Hintze said...

34 -- I have mixed emotions about this. I'm glad "A Boy and his Nive" merits citation... really upset not a single copy survived to this date.

35 -- Yes. I don't do it often -- but once or twice a year she'll remember to save some for me. Our hair is naturally about the same color anyway.

60 -- I never liked President Bush but voted for him twice because the democrats found even bigger morons to put on their side. I like McCain slightly better than Obama and miles better than Hilary -- but Nicol and I liked Rudy Guiliani best.

89 -- On my mission in Colombia I saw a guy shot 5 times with a small handgun. His family came and dragged him off the streets pretty quickly. As missionaries, many of the uneducated thought we were CIA, so it would not have been smart for us to stay around there long. The murderer was shot later that night by police and, unlike here, that ends the case in Colombia.

There was a lot of gunfire at night in that part of Colombia -- mostly from drunks in very wild-west fashion -- which was the case with the murder I witnessed.

Heidi P said...

Way to list Darren!
6-Not bad if thats the worst part.
18-How am I in this family?
32- Cool!!
35-LOL
36-It balances your chakras you know : )
38-Katie so has you then.
73-I love the Staggs.
Your blog is looking great!

Betty Grace said...

1. Battlestar Gallactica! (new episodes April 4)
6. Is it showering or sweating you don't like?
19. Huh?
34. Which Earth? THE earth. (ha I put that before reading Steph's comment)
50. Just call me and we can go. I'm buying a road bike this year, but am always up for a good trail ride!
62. What do you mean? Remember- sliding down the stairs in slippery sleeping bags? Playing robbers to find dad's stash of candy bars? Jumping over stacks of pillows to kamakaze into the couch? Throwing pillows at our little sisters feet to make them fall over? Oh- I see what you mean. :) Your kids do get along exceptionally well
71. What color are you? I'm almost even with yellow and white with no blue or red.
89. what? when?

Stephanie F. said...

Betsy taught me to text on the ferry to Alcatraz. Just had to share :)

Anonymous said...

It is already far not exception